Thursday, April 22, 2010

All grown up and having comp-ed business trips...

So, this weekend I'm at a Gender conference in Roanoke at the stellar Hotel Roanoke Conference Center... and so far it's a pretty bangin' experience. I happen to have the world's most entertaining boss, for starters, so the 7 hour drive wasn't at all bad from the passenger seat, save the need for like, 16 bathroom stops after our excessive Starbucks consumption. We listened to good music, and I got to see the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains! :) But no pictures, because it was weird from the passenger seat. If I have a good view from outside tomorrow, I'll take something mediocre. We didn't stop to see the Paul Bunyan statue because we couldn't find it.

We got to the hotel around 8, checked me in to the goooorrrgeeeooouusss hotel, found my little (but lovely) room, and I got free cookies! But, I didn't really see myself in a place that I'd be given a credit card number for internet, food, and champagne? Um, my job is pretty cool?

I'm finishing the slideshow for our 9 am presentation, and it's purple. We're pretty psyched about that.

Also, did I mention? AUTUMN AND SHUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE! Okay, well, we didn't go to white castle, we just got burgers from sev. And he didn't eat them, just me. Pretend.

So, I'm getting pretty exhausted and don't feel up to glorifying this.

No comments:

Post a Comment