Sunday, April 4, 2010

We meet again.

Last year, I got internet in the morning in time to load an escape game. I wore my black tank, and a flowy purple skirt. I was clean, I put my hair up, did my makeup, and stayed home. I put morning glories in my hair, read whatever books we had, collected glass, and everyone magically disappeared. And at night, I had the most beautiful surprise dinner on the observation roof of the research building. They hung moonflowers and morning glories from the rafters, put candles and tables out, and we had dinner with the Arabs and chocolate cakes/brownies with raspberries. There was Abdel's special salad, homemade hummus, pasta salad, shishkabobs... it was amazing. Thank you, beautiful friends. I only wish there were banana leaf and melanga wrapped fantas, pringles, and my own books this year :)


EASTER 2009- We made a wonderful feast for the construction workers, and I wore my "beautiful" pink and blue dress. I made greek salad and heidi made guacamole, and we all made lasagna. We also had barbeque and hot dogs on the grill. Claudio brought a huge box of mars bars variety. I had prepared chocolate bunnies and Easter baskets for Demetrio and Abdel. We sent Abdel on a special scavenger hunt for his. We hit golfballs into the neighboring farms, and the oil workers left smirnoff, fanta, and some other random beer for the house. And it was a good day.

I never finished this post, but thanks, Steve, for being the epic friend I had 8 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment