Friday, April 2, 2010

Adios and Vaya con Dios

It's 7am, why am I awake? Because I've been sleeping on the floor.

My parents have been together 30 years and 4 days. They have four daughter, three granddaughters. They've been through 2 trucks, 3 boats, 3 dogs. They were high school sweethearts, have lived in the same town, and 30 years later they have their house to themselves. But they still sometimes do that thing where they can't quite figure out the best way to hold hands and fumble a little bit.



This is a tea plantation. My favorite botanist was raised on a tea plantation in Kenya.


So, Andrew Jackson. He was a pretty cool guy... common man for the common people. And then he went all Hitler on the Native Americans. ftw. Trail of Tears. Just thought I'd remind everybody. I know I have a lot of readers. Furthermore, can we all reflect on Manzanar, and the other Japanese concentration camps? America sure can be gross sometimes.



I have a very exciting week ahead of me socially! In addition to seeing so much family this weekend, I have a skype date on Sunday morning, and two Steves visiting over the week (maybe)! Good thing I cleaned most of my house already so I can host visitors!

It's the one year anniversary of a young couple of high school sweethearts I know. This is significant because over their spring break, they became engaged. When people begin dating older, this is almost frequent. People that start dating around age 28 or 30 often become engaged within 2 years... but when high school sweethearts jump in so quickly, we're skeptical? Why do we feel like we need to prove ourselves to the world with time before being true to our hearts? Okay, many if not most couples don't dive right in because they might not be ready to marry that quickly... but Stitch (unavoidable tag now... great) said it right to me yesterday; "Some people just know what they want." At first I thought "wow" upon hearing their news, but now I am very supportive, and envious of that kind of intensity. Congratulations and Best Wishes, Zach and Chloe! :)




Not even a playlist. :) Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment