Friday, April 9, 2010

How to Grow a Woman From the Ground

An unrelated amusing quote:

"Girls are dumb! Its not what you look like naked that counts -- its the naked."


You have made me a sucker for seersucker, and pleased with corny pastel polos. Where is my head when you put on knit ties? None of this quite makes very much sense, except that I love that I love so many new things!

So pardon me, but this is going to be a very like-y post. And by "like" I mean something else.

You know what really gets me down? When people lie. Like, they do a really great job of convincing you to believe them, and then, suddenly, when you believe them and the time is now, they're letting you down. It's heartbreaking. And all you can do about it is make sure you have enough of the right kind of people around you at the time to help you with the fall. For this, I really am grateful for my family of amazing women, along with Alex Weiss, Kattie Kranich, and Stitch.


I'm bringing the art back into my life. It starts with white backdrops and ends with a sigh. Sometimes people inspire you to share the beauty. When there's so much happy in you that it's spilling over and you don't know what to do with all that beautiful elation dripping from your heart, sometimes art is a good idea, and it is finally one of those times again. I don't care if the products look mediocre or amateur, because we'll know that the looks will be deceiving... there is no way all the love I put into it will show entirely. (Similar to that time I made you tortellini.)


"To my heart I must be true, there's nothing left but me and you. You're the one that I want, the one I need."

I started taking my Greek class, and I'd just like everyone to know... I am pretty awesome. I learned to read in 20 minutes, and write an hour later. I am flying through my homework, learning words for real by heart, and only mildly intimidated by using cases and grammar again. I'm pretty thrilled that this is one of my languages this term. Hopefully french gives me so much mercy. I hope french is anywhere near this fun. I really love what I've gotten into already with Greek... I just take a little time to adjust to my professor's accent!

Also, supposing I manage my time, you know, AT ALL this term, now that I'm not depressed from a broken heart and have some spring time motivation, I have some great plans for my non-homework hours! I will learn my instrument better, in addition to a language. And before you know it, my renaissance woman features will be flourishing. Haha. That was a moment of vanity. No one cares, Autumn.


There's no need to complicate, our time is short, this is our fate, I'm yours.

I really love just nice, acoustic, clean-voiced music. It can be so refreshing to take a vacation from most radio and bathe in Jack Johnson's prowess pond, spend some time on the Outer Dave Matthews Banks, swim with Hootie and the Blowfish, and soak up some sun on the Beach Boys in their acapellas (see below playlist.) It just reminds me of pure, perfect times with the most gentle of kindness, happiness, and good feelings. Like warm sun and fresh cut grass at a concert in the park.

This is possibly the girliest playlist ever:


No comments:

Post a Comment