Monday, April 5, 2010

Shakira speaks to me

If there's one thing I'm learning from these boys, it's that I'm learning about boys.

The beautiful weather finally simmered down, and today looks like rain. I've lately been waking up magically around 7:30, then going back to sleep until 8:30... both of these actually too early for me. Must be that 6 hour sleep thing I like. And time zones.

The Prince of Persia movie trailer is each epic, corny, and amusing... I just wish Jake Gyllenhaal didn't share my droopy eye problem when he often just looks like he's in dismay-- how are you supposed to look cinematically badass if you always look in dismay? Regardless... it blows my mind that he's the actor. And the princess in it should be gorgeous but something about the actress herself seems to be off. Otherwise stunning.



So, for the first time, I'm in debt that is not college tuition debt. And I'm really glad I have the sense to know that it's because I've been spending money I don't have. And the reason my paychecks are small is because I work minimum wage, not because of taxes. And my apartment is expensive, but part of me knew it would be. It is not a surprise. My financial situation is not different because Obama is President, I'm not blaming the change on him, I'm taking responsibility for my own screw ups. It really annoys me when people blame Obama for the change in their finances when they're a college student with a part-time job or something. Also, I love Obama, still. He's doing a pretty sweet job.

My latest swoon as far as shoes go: spring time TOMS. TOMS have been my shoe of choice for about 3 years now, and I'm onto my third red pair, in addition to about 5 or 6 other flats and boots. I LOVE TOMS. I reallllly love the Barletta Cordones but they're apparently seasonal. Someone get them for me when they come back out? Anyway, spring time pastel linen yellows and blues?



Yes, please.

Looks like my sushi date is back on? Hosting my non-friend Stitch today in his epic quest to avoid commute. Should be scintillating. I'd like to state that I am one of the best non-friends in the world. I acknowledge and celebrate birthdays of non-friends, let them use my shower, crash at my house, and I later take the heat for it. I can't wait to see what demons he conjures.

Super cute:

Dearest Autumn,

I hereby do cordially invite you to chat with me, on this loveliest of days.

Yours,

Dustin

I realize you are the only person that reads my blog anyway.

Scott might be on Greek tv :) He got interviewed at Agios Nikolaos on Easter midnight... Drexel kids sure do know how to network!





No comments:

Post a Comment