Saturday, April 17, 2010

That other love of my life.

Hey, look at that, Scott has a camera:

I once traveled the mediterranean around the ripe age of 17, and for 4 hours, visited the world's stunning city of Debrovnik, Croatia. Whilst roaming the crowded streets, we stopped in a small bakery called Nika, and my group took a while between its larger size and an unfortunate serbo-croatian dispute. So I spent a while sitting at a table, waiting as the local business also poured through, when there came a man to the counter.

And I will never forget his face, his hair, his eyebrows... he was probably about 25 at the time, wore all black and a white waist apron, and he was tall and thin. He ordered in croatian and then turned and looked at me, and it was one of those times you awkwardly make eye contact and then turn your head, except neither of us turned. It was a very long wait, because it was a very busy place, and he paid without looking away from me.

I decided then that he might be the love of my life, and neither of us could say a thing to each other.

He eventually took his order, smiled at me, and carried a bundle of about 30 baguettes up the crooked cobble street. I hurried outside to watch him disappear in the crowd, and my heart broke. I came home and broke up with my silly boyfriend of the time because i realized how i could never even begin to love him like I loved that stranger in a bakery.

A few years later, i was watching television, when I happened about a silly show, in which there was a tall pie maker with just the right skin tone, dressed all in black, with a white waist apron, and the exact same face, same hair but with sun, exact same everything. It was him, except another person with a slightly broader frame. But from then on I was entirely dedicated to the television program on every monday night that enabled me one hour with the love of my life.



Who could guess all the places our feelings take us? Desires for adventure, longing for reality, longing for fantasy, love for family and home, romance and heartbreak... I've been there and back again, always driven by the power of emotion. So here we find ourselves again, or rather I find myself, passionate for a boy not at all what I would have initially been picking in my infinite freedom for man meat selection, but I suppose that's the way I've always worked. People's personalities have always been necessary for their utter beauty to prove true, and I find this skinny, broad smiled goof more perfect by the moment, from his dark hair with widows peak to his metro sexual fashion sense and unique athletic talents. How unfortunate that every day I like him more, though every day is one day longer I've been 5000 miles from him. Oh, bother. :)

I find that, while my life has been through a beautiful reform these past few weeks, waking early, being work efficient, cleaning and cooking and better managing my life and time and happiness, I've also lost my desire to "go out." I am 21 and have not yet legally gone out, and the peak of my whole drinking thing is a glass of wine in bed. I like pretty dresses and tea, not nights and city lights. I cannot pretend otherwise without the most appropriate company. To those that seem offended, there were times when I wanted to go and it wasn't in your cards... so now I suppose the tables have turned, and I'm just not up for it or the lifestyle. Though every Thursday I hear the walk to Blockley and smile a little bit. :)


I'm including in this playlist some Francis Cabrel, my favorite french singer... I especially love Le Petit Gars, my favorite, but it wasn't available to add. I recommend looking it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment