Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm really glad all this talk about punching infants has subsided.

Every opportunity I miss makes me panic so badly, and I'm not even busy lately. I can only imagine what this term will do to my spirit with every missed chance to see your face.

Springtime outside my window, though no photos are doing it justice...

Stitch and I finally went to get sushi and it was pretty much a blast, because we're pretty much extremely fun and entertaining people. Add exotic fish to the mix and success was unavoidable. I wish I'd been able to get pictures, because his reactions were wonderfully priceless. And to capture those moments in both stills and video, this would have been perfect:

It's a carabiner, and it's a camera, and it's a video camera. And I got 2 on woot yesterday. They weren't as good as this one, though, I'm sure, Mine have the batman logo on them. But sometimes we wish we had a camera and we don't. I figure if it's on your keyring, you'll always be ready.


So, I'm just going to put this out there, that I really would love being a housewife. Every day I cut flowers for my apartment, make tea, sweep my floor, and cook something delightful. I want to make my guests breakfast in the morning, and it takes restraint to not put effort into it. I have gotten out both my iron and sewing machine officially. Where is my husband?



I went to Trader Joe's with a gift card and bought ginger beer, a 4 pack. I wish I'd only bought one. It's kind of gross.

There's something hauntingly beautiful about being able to watch things progress from the beginning, like the hours of a butterfly fresh out of chrysalis fanning its wings dry. I've been able to watch the trees outside my window blossom over the past few days, from the first day when the dark pink buds formed, and the next day when few petals poked out, and in the night, the flowers emerge, like a snowfall that sneaks up and covers the world while you sleep. These flowering trees outside my window before sunrise are painfully gorgeous in their quiet, elegant progression.

Finally, yesterday was wonderfully wonderful in that I was able to help my friend Scott from afar. I'm so glad his trials and tribulations will soon be coming to an end and that he can start enjoying himself without so many worries, now! Bring on the hot foreign girls...

"Rent? I'd rather have a fucking sandwich than pay the rent."

No comments:

Post a Comment